· 350 g butter cookies (Graham cookies if you find them)
· 250 g butter (melted in a saucepot or in the microwave)
· 1 pinch of salt
· 2 tsp sugar
· 400 g cream cheese (neutral flavor)
· 1 can (400 g) condensed milk (of notice: In Germany is to be found as ‘Milchmädchen’)
· 2 eggs, room temperature
· 2 tbsp lemon zest
· 1 jar strawberry jam
· 300 g fresh strawberries, washed and halved
You will also need:
· Rolling pin
· Freezer storage bag
· 2 bowls to mix
· Hand spatula (wood or silicon)
· 30-cm ø pie form (greased – ceramic ones work well)
· Electrical mixer (any type)
Preheat your oven to 180°C.
For the crust:
1. Place the half of the cookies in the storage bag and with the rolling pin, crush them to almost-dust consistency. Repeat with the other half of the cookies.
2. In a mixing bowl: Add the crushed cookies, butter, salt and sugar, and mix with the spatula until well-integrated.
3. Spread the mixture in the pie form to fully cover the bottom and the side walls.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool.
For the filling:
1. In a bowl and using the mixer, mix cream cheese, condensed milk and the eggs, until well blended. Add the lemon zest and mix for 5 seconds.
2. Pour the filling in the cooled crust, without exceeding the borders.
3. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the toothpick test comes dry. Set aside to cool
For the garnish:
1. Spread the strawberry jam covering the upper surface of the cake. If too dense, warm in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes before using it (and letting it cool some minutes).
2. Arrange the halved strawberries to fit your personal taste.