Paolo’s Recipe of the week - Pasta sciué sciué
Sciué sciué (sciu'é sciu'é), in Naples, means quickly, something done in a fast and easy way. Easy going…
Ingredients for 4 people
· 320 g of pasta (spaghetti, maccheroni, penne)
· 800 g of ripe cherry tomatoes,
· 10 basil leaves
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
· 1/2 chili pepper
· salt enough.
1. Chop the cherry tomatoes in two or four pieces each of them.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan together the crushed garlic cloves and the chili pepper.
3. Before the garlic gets brown, add the tomatoes and cook over high heat just for a 3 or 4 minutes without drying the sauce too much (which must remain very soft).
4. At the end of cooking, remove the garlic and the chili pepper, put the basil leaves chopped with your hands, add a drizzle of raw oil and season with salt.
5. In the meantime, cook (al dente) the pasta in plenty of salted water (please stick to the cooking time instruction as on the packaging). Drain them well and dip them in the pan containing the sauce.
6. Dress the pasta in the pan with the sauce.
7. Serve very hot. (with, if you like, some grated parmesan or pecorino cheese in top)
Enjoy and share your cooking results in the comments.