- 350g puff pastry or tarte flambée
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3-4 spring onions
- 3-4 radishes
- 250g cream cheese
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 4-5 tablespoons whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300g smoked salmon (in slices)
- 1 handful of watercress or Shiso cress
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees convection. Line the baking tray with baking paper. Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface
2) Cut a rectangle the size of a sheet from the dough and line the sheet with it. From the rest of the dough, cut out 4 strips of dough, approx. 3cm thick, for the edge. Brush the edge of the dough with a little water and place the strips on top. Whisk the egg yolk with 1 tbsp. water, brush the edges and base of the dough with it. Bake the puff pastry for 20-25 minutes until golden yellow.
3) Roast sesame seeds in a pan without fat. Wash and clean spring onions and cut into fine rings. Wash and clean the radishes and cut into thin slices. Mix cream cheese with yoghurt, cream, salt, pepper, wasabi and lemon juice.
4) Spread the baked dough with wasabi cream and cover with fish and radishes. Sprinkle with sesame and spring onions and garnish with cress.
Enjoy it... P.S. a fruity Pinot Gris goes very well with the Flammkuchen :-)