Wreath with Basil Pesto, Mozzarella and Walnuts
Serves 2 | Time: 30 Minutes
1/2 cup basil, fresh
1 cup spinach, fresh
1/2 clove garlic
1/2 cup walnuts
7.6 oz yeast dough
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
0.4 oz Parmesan
2 oz Mozzarella
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and drain spinach and basil.
- Grate Parmesan.
- Peel and finely dice or mince garlic.
- Add spinach, basil, Parmesan, garlic, half the walnuts, olive oil, and maple syrup to a food processor and chop. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grate the mozzarella.
- Finely chop the rest of the walnuts.
- Roll out the dough and cut into about 10”x6” pieces.
- Brush with pesto and top with mozzarella and nuts.
- Roll-up the dough…
- …halve lengthwise and “braid” the two resulting strands.
- Join the ends of the braid to create a wreath.
- Place the wreaths on a lined baking try, brush with oil, and bake for about 15-20 min.
- Allow to cool a little and enjoy.