Jessica's recipe of the week: Pancake rolls with goat's cream cheese and carrots
- 150 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 100 ml milk (1,5 % fat)
- 100 ml sparkling water
- 2 eggs
- 500 g carrots (5 carrots)
- 1 bunch of basil
- 100 g fresh goat's cheese or any other fresh cheese
- 50 g low-fat curd cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy (blue poppy)
- 2 tablespoons rape oil
1) Mix spelt flour with milk and mineral water until smooth. Stir in 1/2 tsp. salt and eggs. Let the dough swell for about 30 minutes.
2) Meanwhile wash, clean, peel and coarsely grate the carrots. Put them into a bowl, salt them and let them stand for 5 minutes.
3) Wash and shake the basil dry. Put some leaves aside and chop the rest finely.
4) Stir goat's cream cheese with low-fat curd, poppy seeds and chopped basil into the grated carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Spread a coated pan (approx. 16 cm Ø ) very thinly with oil and heat up. Add 3 tbsp. of dough and spread evenly by tossing.
6) Bake pancakes on each side for 2 minutes at medium heat. Slide onto a plate. Bake another 11 pancakes in the same way and let them cool down.
7) Spread the carrot cream cheese mixture on the pancakes and smooth it down. Sprinkle the remaining basil leaves on top and roll up the pancakes.
... and bon appétit!